Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm Painting...

Okay! Here we go... I finally found some pictures that I could use. Some were actually my own. Found a spot in the studio where I could get comfortable and just paint. I stopped fiddling with the lights, stopped looking for the right brush, trying to find the right colors , and just got down to painting. and it actually felt pretty good. I sat and painted. and didn't stop until I was done. Not overly impressed with the results so far but, for those of you who aren't familiar with painting, it's a lot like your golf game:

Your favorite club is like your favorite brush. Your studio is your favorite course, the one where you know each and every hole by heart, which club to use, where to put each shot. If you play like me, how to get out of each and every bunker. The thing is, I haven't played in a while, not just that November through April thing. I mean a while. Like I used to play in High School and now that I'm retired I'm picking up the sport again. The secret to getting good is to get out on that course each and every day and practice. Even if you shoot triple digits, it was still a day out on the links.

Today I spent some quality time in my studio. I haven't played this course in a while, but I still remember where to place some of my shots. All in all it felt pretty good. I'm still a little stiff, but I've got some game left in me.

If anyone's looking for me I'll be at the nineteenth hole.

Until tomorrow....

(I won't be at the nineteenth hole until tomorrow.  I'll just be there for a little while. I'll be back here writing tomorrow. For those of you in Hyannis, I don't literally mean that I'll be at the "Nineteenth Hole" on Barnstable Rd., I meant it figuratively, as in.... Oh, never mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment